Dr Alicia Colbridge
Dr Alicia Colbridge is a Clinical Psychologist and has been working in the field of mental health since 2009. She is currently employed within the Corporate Parenting Service for Looked After Children. She specialises in the area of children and families, in particular with children who have been permanently excluded from primary school, with looked after children and those on the edge of care and their parents. She undertakes a range of assessments and interventions with children and parents, including cognitive assessments, parenting assessments, and working with developmental trauma and attachment difficulties in children, families and their wider networks. In addition to her clinical commitments, Dr Colbridge is available for the full range of assessments in Family Law.
Areas of specialism
- Fostering and adoption
- Care proceedings
- Psychological assessments of parents
- Assessment of child, adolescent and adult mental health.
- Attachment difficulties, including assessment and interventions
- Developmental trauma (impact of abuse)
- Parenting assessment and interventions
- Parental mental health and the impact on children
- Cognitive assessments of children, adolescents and adults
Courts or Tribunals: Adoption or Foster Care, Family Court
Age groups: Adolescent, Adult, Child, Family
Psychological Specialisms: Behavioural Difficulties, Child Mental Health, Mental Capacity, Parent-Child Attachment, Parental Alienation, Parental alienation, Parenting Problems, Relationships Difficulites, Trauma and PTSD