Dr Benyera-Mararike has completed over 129 Medicolegal Reports and over 100 Professional expert reports. To date, she has never attracted criticism and her opinion has been accepted by court
Dr Benyera-Mararike is a midwife with a professional background in Education, Counselling Psychology and Psychotherapy. She has 23 years of experience as a midwife working in consultant led NHS and in private hospitals. She also has extensive knowledge and experience of preparing reports within Criminal Justice System Civil Procedure and Family Courts where she has developed experience as an expert witness.
Dr Benyera-Mararike continues to provide medico-legal reports (MLR) for family criminal and civil matters – in accident injury claims, immigration, and Court of Appeal relating to detainees and victims of torture and complex presentations of traumatic stress.
Over 100 Professional Expert reports:
• Writing court reports for refugees and asylum seekers clients.
51 Expert Witness Reports covering:
• Medico Legal Report writing for immigration cases for asylum seekers, victims of rape, trauma, torture in detention centres and community)
• Cases- Impact of trauma on psychological well-being of detainees’ victims of torture, multiple trauma, trafficking and modern-day slavery
• Assessment of attachment between parents and children
• Impact of domestic violence on adults and children
• Assessment of the impact of a parent’s psychological status on their children and their ability to provide care for them
• Issues relating to abuse and neglect
• Cognitive assessments
• Assessments of children and teenagers:
• Assessment of maturity and psychological effect on Culpability of offense
78 Medico-legal Expert Witness Reports in:
• Assessment of psychological impact of complex accident injury and road traffic collision and work related injuries; Treatment and prognosis or recovery.
Courts or Tribunals: Clinical Negligence, Criminal and Offending, Family Court, Immigration and Asylum, Personal Injury
Age groups: Adolescent, Adult, Child
Psychological Specialisms: Adult Mental Health Problems, Behavioural Difficulties, Child Mental Health, Domestic Abuse, Forensic, Mental Capacity, Parent-Child Attachment, Parenting Problems, Physical Disabilty, School Problems, Sexual Offending, Substance Misuse, Trauma and PTSD, Youth Offending
Therapies offered: CBT, Counselling, EMDR, Psychodynamic, Psychological Supervision, Systemic