Dr Francis is a Clinical Psychologist specialising in adult mental health services and chronic pain management services previously in the NHS and now in his own private independent practice. He specialises in the assessment and treatment of trauma; PTSD; complex PTSD; anxiety, depression; panic disorder; OCD; attachment and interpersonal difficulties; medically unexplained symptoms and complex pain syndromes.
He has gone on to complete further training in psychotherapy including Intensive Short-Term Psychodynamic Therapy (ISTDP) and Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy. Both of these models have strong evidence bases for a broad range of clinical presentations, including the treatment of trauma and PTSD
that typically follow personal injury and clinical negligence.
CIVIL LAW EXPERTISE
▪ Dr Francis works therapeutically with adults with complex mental health problems, personality difficulties, physical disability and chronic pain.
▪ He specialises in the assessment of adults who have experienced traumatic road traffic accidents, industrial accidents or other forms of acute adult trauma and PTSD.
▪ He has completed the Bond Solon Expert Witness Certificate, accredited by Cardiff University Law School, to be recognised as an expert in assessing and reporting on personal injury, data breaches and clinical negligence cases for the Civil Courts
▪ He currently works with chronic pain sufferers and offers clear, concise assessments of the intervention pathways for patients
▪ He is trained in EMDR and ISTDP therapies, which are suitable and evidence-based treatments for chronic and acute trauma and PTSD.
CRIMINAL LAW EXPERTISE
▪ Dr Francis has undertaken assessment and reports for the criminal courts on defendants. This work has centered on assessing the presence and degree of psychological disorders, and determining the mediating role such disorders have played in the defendant’s crime
▪ Dr Francis has undertaken mental health assessments and reports in immigration and asylum cases, helping to determine the presence and degree of psychological disorders, and the impact that any extradition from the UK would have on such disorders
▪ Dr Francis holds a Master’s Degree in Investigative and Forensic Psychology, and prior to clinical training worked as an Assistant Psychologist with offenders sectioned under the Mental Health Act
Courts or Tribunals: Criminal and Offending, Immigration and Asylum, Mental Health Tribunals, Occupational Health
Age groups: Adult, Older Adult
Psychological Specialisms: Adult Mental Health Problems, Domestic Abuse, Mental Capacity, Personality Disorder, Trauma and PTSD
Therapies offered: CBT, EMDR, Intensive Short Term Dynamic Therapy, Psychodynamic