Dr Wright is a Chartered Counselling Psychologist and independent social worker with over 40 years of experience. He has worked extensively with children and families as an expert witness psychologist, social worker and psychotherapist. He has also worked for the criminal courts, civil courts in cases of personal injury, mental health tribunals, employment tribunals, and immigration and asylum cases. He has a broad experience of working across diverse cultures and languages. He also runs a busy private practice as a psychotherapist and resilience /stress management groups for lawyers in the CPS.
FAMILY LAW EXPERTISE
▪ Assessments of children, adolescents and adults within child protection investigations and Children’s Act Assessments.
▪ Complex assessments of mental health, personality and trauma
▪ Family dynamics, parental relationships and domestic abuse and violence risk assessments
▪ Specialist assessments of mental capacity, learning disability and Autistic Spectrum Disorders
▪ Developmental trauma in children and adults
▪ Assessments across cultures and languages
CIVIL LAW EXPERTISE
▪ Specialist assessments of trauma, PTSD and adjustment disorder for civil litigation
▪ Industrial or workplace accident injuries in civil compensation claims
▪ Transcultural issues including asylum, immigration issues and victims of torture
▪ Extensive training in diverse therapeutic interventions as an integrative psychotherapist including Cognitive Behaviour therapy (CBT); Psychodynamic Psychotherapy; Transactional Analysis (TA), Systemic Approach, Client Centered therapy (CCT) & Jungian Analysis
▪ Experience of working cross-culturally including cultures from the Indian sub-continent; Sri Lanka; Turkey, Cyprus, Poland, Russia; Czech Republic, Spain, Portugal, Afro-Caribbean, Asia, China, Vietnam and Afghanistan.
▪ Group and individual psychotherapy
Courts or Tribunals: Adoption or Foster Care, Clinical Negligence, Criminal and Offending, Employment, Family Court, Immigration and Asylum, Mental Health Tribunals, Occupational Health, Personal Injury
Age groups: Adolescent, Adult, Child, Family
Psychological Specialisms: ADHD, Adult Mental Health Problems, Anger and Violence, Autistic Spectum Disorder, Behavioural Difficulties, Child Mental Health, Domestic Abuse, Forensic, Learning Difficulties, Mental Capacity, Parent-Child Attachment, Parenting Problems, Personality Disorder, Psychosexual Difficulties, Relationships Difficulites, School Problems, Sexual Offending, Substance Misuse, Trauma and PTSD, Youth Offending
Therapies offered: Adult Therapy, CBT, Child Therapy, Cognitive and Integrative, Counselling, Family Therapy, Person-Centred and Compassionate Focus, Psychodynamic, Psychological Supervision, Systemic