Farah Fairweather is a strong assessment practitioner with a wealth of experience in undertaking psychological assessments for the purposes of determining adults SpLDs and cognitive functioning.
She is also a fully qualified user of the Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale Version IV (WAIS IV), which is the gold standard assessment of cognitive ability and general intelligence.
Farah Fairweather has completed over 30 diagnostic assessments and reports for a number of private and public organisations including Local Authorities, Legal Firms, Commercial businesses and Charities (I.e. British Dyslexia Association, Genius Within, KPMG, Christies & Co). These have been produced in accordance with the British Psychological Society Guidelines for Expert Witnesses and SpLD Assessment Standards Committee (SASC 2005).
The reports extensively cover the following:
• Assessment of cognitive functioning.
• Mental capacity assessments.
• Cognitive assessments and Literacy Attainment to determine the presence of Dyslexia, Dyspraxia and Dyscalculia or low cognitive functioning.
• The impact of cognitive functioning and any potential impairment on their day to day abilities.
• Recommendations for reasonable adjustments to be made to support individuals with learning difficulties during court proceedings, parenting assessments, exams and the workplace
Courts or Tribunals: Criminal and Offending, Education, Employment, Family Court
Age groups: Adult
Psychological Specialisms: Learning Difficulties, Mental Capacity